Atsuko Kudo is a British brand that many celebrities adore and we have no doubts about it! The label, specialized in latex only, is designed by Atsuko Kudo, a Japanese designer located in London. Chiara Ferragni wore a dress by Atsuko Kudo to celebrate her bachelorette party in July and now she wore another one for New York Fashion Week (and she looked a-m-a-z-i-n-g-!).
Check out 8 reasons why Chiara Ferragni, fashion insiders and celebrities love this brand so much:
1. Latex is a very unusual fabric to be used in the daywear, but AK managed to create pieces that are very minimal and subtle, to focus all the attention on the person who wears it.
2. Latex is a great fabric for the female body, as when it’s cut correctly it follows the woman’s curves like a second skin. Even more, the shine of the fabric enhances the curves, focusing all the attention on the body.
3. Their philosophy is: “At Atsuko Kudo, we believe latex empowers women and we want to make the world a more shiny place”.
4. Their products are made to make women feel feminine, strong and beautiful. One of their must haves? A pencil skirt.
5. One of the first celebrities to discover Atsuko Kudo was Grace Jones, but the first celebrity that actually exposed the brand to a global audience was Lady Gaga, who started to wear the brand in 2009.
6. The brand has been quietly making its way through the fashion world for the last 10 years: it was even chosen by the one and only Carine Roitfeld (Vogue Paris Editor-in-Chief of from 2001-2011) for a special editorial for Vogue Paris in 2008 and in the same year it was shot by the legendary Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia starring Eva Mendes.
7. Atsuko Kudo online shop sells both conventional sizes (from XS to XL) and made to measure pieces. The couture piece that has demanded the longest time was the dress that Lady Gaga wore to meet Queen Elizabeth in 2012. For this memorable occasion, the pop star wore a red Elizabethan style latex dress with a 10 meters train.
8. Atsuko Kudo is made to fit any body type. Atsuko Kudo herself reports that seeing Kim Kardashian wearing the brand was a “pleasant surprise”. It actually changed how people perceived the brand as Kim K, who has a quite unconventional and curvy body, wore it several times (from attending to Kanye’s fashion shows to 2Chainz wedding).
Check out our gallery below if you are not fully convinced yet!
Article by: Maria Sheila Miani
Images credit: Atsuko Kudo website and Instagram